Yoga Therapy by YogaFit
Yoga Therapy by YogaFit integrates the ancient wisdom and traditions of numerous yoga lineages and Ayurveda with modern science to educate and train yoga therapists to skillfully assist and empower those they work with to take an active role in their healing, health, and wellness. Additionally, we prepare our graduates to work as part of integrative health teams and with Family Practice and Primary Care Doctors in a variety of settings.
The YogaFit® Therapy program draws from the rich traditions of ancient yoga and integrates them with cutting edge evidence based science to create a unique training program for educating and training Yoga Therapists. YogaFit®’s eclectical user-friendly approach to training yoga teachers and yoga therapists offers an empowering holistic program with a broad knowledge base and prepares the yoga therapist and/or health care practitioner to work with a wide variety of health concerns safely and effectively. YogaFit® is uniquely poised to prepare yoga therapists to work with clients/students of all ages and abilities in creating a positive healing environment for the body, mind and spirit.
Requirements for Application & Admissions
Additional Required documents are noted in parentheses:
- Completion of RYT 200 (copy of Yoga Alliance Certificate for RYT 200)
- A minimum of 1 year Personal Practice of Yoga
- Actively leading yoga classes (group/ private) with 1 year of teaching experience
- Completed Application Form into YogaFit® Yoga Therapy Program (Application form)
- Active Member of the Yoga Alliance (copy of card or membership number)
- Active Member of the International Association of Yoga Therapy (copy of card or membership number)
- $150 Application/ Mentoring Fee
In addition t the above requirements, applicants who have not obtained their RYT-200 through the YogaFit® curriculum and would like to apply to the YogaFit® Yoga Therapy Program must contact the program director, and complete the YogaFit® Bridge Program. The Bridge Program consists of the completion of YogaFit® Level One: Foundations, which must be taken prior to applying to the program. (Certificates of completion must be submitted with above mentioned application requirements). YogaFit reserves the right to require additional courses if the student is found lacking in any area of knowledge. These additional courses may be taken after admittance.
Once pre-requisites have been met, each prospective student must fill out an application form. Applications can be found online here
There is a $150 non-refundable application fee that is to be paid upon application submission. Application fee will be paid via check to YogaFit.
YogaFit® will confirm receipt of your application once the completed application and associated fees have been submitted. When all materials have been received and reviewed, each student will be assigned a mentor for continual and consistent guidance throughout program.
Please feel free to be in touch with us if you have any questions, email us at therapy@yogafit,com.
There are primary faculty members who will serve as mentors to each student as he/she moves through the program. Upon successful completion of application and admission into the program, each student will be assigned a mentor. The mentor will act as a guide and primary contact throughout the duration of the program.
The Yoga Therapy by YogaFit® Program draws from the authentic traditions and wisdom of numerous yoga lineages , in addition to recognized protocols and practices to adhere to the standards of the Yoga Therapy Profession. Our program has been developed to meet the needs of yoga teachers wishing to extend their scope of practice and transition to the role of yoga therapist with the intention of assisting clients to holistically manage their health. The transition from teacher to therapist requires additional education in a broad spectrum of areas including functional movement assessment, physical and mental health, anatomy and physiology, pathologies and intervention strategies for a wide range of physical and mental conditions, basic principles of Ayurveda, behavioral intervention strategies, neuroscience and its role relating to yoga therapy and more. YogaFit has a team of experienced yogis and yoga therapists as well experts in various health fields that have worked to develop and deliver consistent high-quality trainings.
YogaFit’s Therapy modules are offered in cities across the USA and Canada primarily at YogaFit Mind Body Fitness Conferences (MBF), of which there are 9-10 per year. Additional instruction is offered via distant, online and self- directed components in order to achieve the full qualification of standards and competencies. All required courses and hours must be completed successfully to acquire program completion.
The full qualification of the program is undertaken within a minimum of 3 years (36 months) to a maximum of 7 years (84 months).
The majority of the contact hours for this program will be conducted in conjunction with the Mind Body Fitness Conferences or independent trainings. YogaFit® will offer courses nationally and internationally. This is done for the convenience of our students. Course venues will vary depending upon time, date and host agreement. Other contact hours will be delivered via distance learning via conference call and/ or webinars. Non-contact learning will also occur online and independently. To find a course nearest you: www.yogafit.com/trainings
- Foundation Courses
- YogaFit Healthcare: Assessing the Physical Body (formerly Therapy I)
- YogaFit Healthcare: Examining the Subtle Body (formerly Therapy II)
- YogaFit for Healthcare: Designing the Protocol (formerly Therapy III)
- Organization & Administration of Yoga Therapy
- Biomedical / Anatomy focused Courses
- Biomedical Aspects of Yoga Therapy
- Anatomy 2
- Therapeutic Yoga for Upper and Lower Extremities
- Thai Energy for Healing and Hands on Adjustments
- Thai Energy 2
- Yoga Therapy for Wellness Lifestyle/ Chronic Disease
- Holistic Medicine – Yoga as Primary Care
- Yoga Therapy & Nervous System Disorders
- Yoga for the Heart 1
- Yoga for Chronic Pain
- Yoga for Cancer & Caregivers
- Trauma Sensitive Training Specialty Courses
- YogaFit for Warriors
- YogaFit Warriors for Kids
- Healing Emotional & Physical Trauma
- Restorative Therapeutics: The Art and Science of Healing
- Yoga for Addiction/ Recovery
- Mental Health Focused Courses
- Yoga for Mood Management
- Expanding Consciousness: Yoga Therapy and the Healing Mindset
- Yoga & Positive Psychology
- Online Courses (contracted)
- Whole Being Institute- Positive Psychology – Dr. Tal Sahar (online) - Prerequisite to Yoga and Positive Psychology
- Elective Course
- Yoga & Neuroscience – Dr. Jay Kumar (No longer available but will apply to therapy for those that did take it)
Tuition and Fees/ Exchange of Services
The student agrees to pay YogaFit® the total of stated tuition and fees. Payment of all money shall be a condition of continuing enrollment. Upon satisfactory completion of all academic and skill requirements, and when all financial obligations to school have been met, the school will award a certificate of completion for the YogaFit® Yoga Therapy Training to the student. Stay tuned for update.
Where Do I Start?
YogaFit recommends you begin your therapy journey with the Foundational courses followed by the Anatomy focuses courses to create a solid foundation for your journey. You will earn your 500 RYT certificate along the way. Click here for those requirements.
We recommend that if you are interested in the therapy program and you meet all of the qualification requirements, you apply soon. We will be limiting the number of people that are allowed into the program each year so that we can give individual attention and quality mentoring.
Program Director: Kristy Manuel, MS, ERYT-500