YogaLean: Eat slowly and savor every biteby Beth Shaw | 27/04/2017
Visualize the Mediterranean in full view as you sit on your deck and dine on this Greek Salad with roasted beets, olives and feta.
Greek Salad with Roasted Beets, Olives and Feta
The Mediterranean diet consists of natural foods and healthy fats. The people who live near the Mediterranean Sea enjoy their meals, taking hours to dine, eating slowly and savoring each bite—and it’s reflected in the way they look.
Add a bit of celery to your salad, for a little extra crunch and a dose of Vitamin A, which is said to guard against macular degeneration. When choosing the beets, select a mixture of red, candy-striped, and golden.
What you’ll need
4 medium beets, peeled and quartered
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup finely minced onion
1 teaspoon minced red Thai chili or crushed red chili flakes
3 hearts of romaine, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2-inch thick, at an angle
6 celery hearts, sliced 1/4-inch thick at an angle
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 ounce niçoise olives, pitted and halved
1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
Celery leaves for garnish
Make it YogaLean
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Place beets in a bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add salt and pepper and toss to coat
3. Assemble beets in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake for 35 minutes, or until tender.
4. Whisk the remaining olive oil, vinegar, onion, chili together with a pinch of salt.
5. Arrange beets on 4 serving plates. Drizzle with some dressing and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
6. Top with the hearts of romaine, celery, feta and olives. Garnish with celery leaves and serve.
Stay Connected With Us
Monthly inspiration, delivered straight to your inbox.
- News and Updates
- YogaFit Specialty Tracks
- Inspirational Stories
- Monthly Newsletters
- YogaFit Events
- Student Resources
Come feel the energy for yourself at one of our Mind Body Fitness Conferences. It's a doggone good time!Register