Corporate Profile 28/12/2012
YogaFit® is the leader in Mind Body Fitness education, an industry in which $6 billion is spent annually by the 60 million Americans who practice yoga. The numbers grow daily.
YogaFit has trained and certified over 100,000 yoga instructors on six continents in the past 17 years and offers a line of yoga clothing, accessories, jewelry, plus CDs, books and more than 30 DVDs. The largest yoga school in the world and the leader in Mind Body Fitness education, YogaFit is on a global expansion trail. To wit, YogaFit recently launched its new Club Series nationally in the GoodLife Fitness centers in Canada in 2011. GoodLife Fitness is the largest fitness club in Canada with more than 275 locations throughout the country.
Beth Shaw, an internationally-known fitness expert and the author of Beth Shaw’s YogaFit, (Human Kinetics, 2009, $17.95, soft cover) and the publisher of Angles magazine, which is distributed to yoga fitness enthusiasts and instructors, is YogaFit’s founder and president. Her next book, Discoveries from the Mat, will be published in March 2011. She started the company in 1994 by selling products out of the trunk of her
car, after having been fired frequently.
Ms. Shaw is the innovative educator, entrepreneur, and visionary responsible for YogaFit as well as YogaButt, YogaStrength, YogaCore, YogaLean, YogaFit Sweat, YogaFit Flex & Flow, YogaFit Plus, and countless other yoga fitness combinations. She is widely
recognized as the premier yoga fitness trainer in the industry.
Beth has demonstrated the ability to stay true to her belief system while growing her company.
- All YogaFit products are made in the USA; clothing, accessories, DVDs, CDs
- YogaFit offers military spouses a discount on trainings through the military MyCAA program.
- When she bought a building to house her offices and warehouse in 2006, she turned it into a green building
- She is also known for her community service initiatives. As an animal rights activist, Shaw serves on the National Council for the Humane Society and is involved in Animal Alliance, Downtown Dog Rescue and supports Spay/Neuter initiatives. Her nonprofit organization, Visionary Women in Fitness, awards scholarships and grants women in need
- YogaFit has committed to donate $1 million of gift certificates for Level One training to eligible non-profit groups in 2011
- Additionally, the YogaFit network has given over one million hours of community service
- She believes in giving people a chance
- Staying fit, despite the demands on one’s time
YogaFit was established in 1994 and has since trained over 100,000 yoga and fitness professionals worldwide. The Leader in Mind Body Fitness Education, YogaFit is the largest training school for yoga instructors in the world. YogaFit is ACE’s Premier and only yoga partner. Founder and president, Beth Shaw, is internationally recognized as the foremost authority on yoga and fitness; having been profiled in print and television
programs including Oprah’s O magazine, CNN, USA Today, Entrepreneur, Self and more and in the Titans of Yoga DVD. YogaFit is committed to community service, supporting animals and humanitarian causes.