YogaLean Recipe & Retreat Details!by Beth Shaw | 24/02/2016
This is my favorite salad! It gives us the healthy fats our body desires, along with a healthy dose of protein to keep us full for a long while. Pine nuts and walnuts are high in iron, which helps regulate the blood circulatory system, and alos have a lot of protein—pine nuts have one of the highest protein levels of all nuts. A little note on this recipe—when toasting nuts, the natural oils are extracted, which adds an incredible depth of flavor that enhances the eating experiences.
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- head bib lettuce, chopped
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 apple, sliced
- 2 tablesppons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablesppons balsamic vinegar
- salt + pepper
Make it Lean:
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add walnuts and pine nuts. Toast for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, being careful not to burn.
- In the meantime, mix the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, toss the warmed nuts with dressing, cheese, lettuc, pear, and apple
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to learn more about YogaLean, you can order your copy here.
Practice yoga, go for beach runs, enjoy tools of transformation with special guests and more! Share this time with Beth, founder of YogaFit® & author of YogaLean in one of her favorite places in the world: Ansilomar, Pacific Grove, California.
Full details + registration
Stay Connected With Us
Monthly inspiration, delivered straight to your inbox.
- News and Updates
- YogaFit Specialty Tracks
- Inspirational Stories
- Monthly Newsletters
- YogaFit Events
- Student Resources
Come feel the energy for yourself at one of our Mind Body Fitness Conferences. It's a doggone good time!Register