Mary Comfort - YogaFit Partner Of The Month29/04/2014
Mary Comfort, E-RYT 200, is YogaFit’s featured Partner this month. Mary, also a Senior Trainer with YogaFit, co-owns Loughner Massage and Yoga in Monroeville PA and has recently added a second location in neighboring Elizabeth, PA. Mary enjoys sharing her passion for yoga and feels it is important that her studio provides a safe and nurturing space for healing. Mary jumped at the chance get involved in Yogafit’s new Warrior Trainings and has brought the trauma sensitive format to her studio offering free classes for those affected by the recent high school stabbings that were in a neighboring community. In addition the studio offers a variety of classes, serving many populations, including Indo YogaFit Balance board classes. Mary has created programs for assisted living facilities and has published a guide to keeping seniors and other populations "moving”. Mary’s genuine desire to help others and her humer come across in her answers to the questions below! Enjoy!
- How did you get into Yoga/ YogaFit? My mom and I went to yoga class together way before there was a single studio in Pittsburgh! I had done another RYT program that wasn't practical for me to teach. A friend of mine had just done her Level 1 with Beth Shaw and went from not being able to walk to pain free in just one weekend. I saw her healing and excitement and wanted "in"!
- What Yama/Niyama comes to mind first and how are you using it your life right now? Santosha. To live in contentment of all that is. Sadly, This came to me from the tragic death of my daughters 20 year old best friend. The gift of just being able to breath, look at a tree, smell the breeze - I have all that my and my children need maybe not want but need and how cannot I be content and grateful for that when others don't even have that!?!
- What accomplishment are you most proud of? My children Camille and Trent. I know it sounds cliche but it is so hard to raise loving, funny, and intelligent young adults who make smart choices and put up with a yoga mom who makes them "live" with all my philosophies and essential oils! And the success of our Healing Trauma with Yoga classes!
- If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about? "Gee, I Wonder What She Is Thinking? A Woman's Guide to Using Humor To Speak Your Truth and Finding Something to Laugh About Everyday!"
- What is your favorite benefit of YogaFit Partnership? Supporting a belief system that transformed my life well before I was a trainer and partner and making trainings more accessible to my local community to make it economical more feasible for people to attend trainings. (I like the second part of this answer actually more!)
- If someone were to make a movie about your life, who would you hope would play you? Sandra Bullock. Funny, graceful, klutz who tends to speak her mind and make us all laugh!
- What’s something most people don’t know about you? That God actually gave me a filter so that is why what you don't know about me is gonna stay that way - lol!!
Stay Connected With Us
Monthly inspiration, delivered straight to your inbox.
- News and Updates
- YogaFit Specialty Tracks
- Inspirational Stories
- Monthly Newsletters
- YogaFit Events
- Student Resources
Come feel the energy for yourself at one of our Mind Body Fitness Conferences. It's a doggone good time!Register
Training In Your Area
Win a Transformational Trip to a Mind Body Fitness Conference! Including Round Trip Airfare and Hotel!
Win a Transformational Trip to a Mind Body Fitness Conference!
Including Round Trip Airfare and Hotel!
Enter your email address below for a chance to win!