How To Gear Up For A MBF Conference
We are thrilled to be launching the first of many Mind Body Fitness conferences this year, beginning in March in Toronto!! This revolutionary 4-day conference is designed for individuals interested in deepening their yoga practice and living a holistic lifestyle through mind-body awareness.
These conferences are groundbreaking in that anyone can register and attend to expand their knowledge of the ancient yoga practice.
So, how should one get ready for these conferences? We asked our amazing, super organized, always positve Mind Body Fitness Coordinator, Jenny Baldwin, to share some of her top tips on how to gear up for one of our popular MBF conferences. Here are her top 6 tips!
1) Register early to get the best pricing.
2) Book your hotel room before the cut-off date on the website. We work with hotels to provide a discounted rate, but it will expire about 4 weeks prior to the conference.
3) Take advantage of our Roommate Finder sign up! We provide a forum for you to connect with other trainees that are attending and looking to share hotel costs. Please remember that we don't match you up though - we just provide a space for you to connect. :)
4) Bring snacks and layers! We do our best to keep the training rooms around 75 degrees, but cannot always guarantee that. Therefore, we suggest bringing layers so that you can add or shed them as necessary throughout the training sessions and conferences. Because YogaFit trainings require a combination of movement and classroom work, we recommend bringing snacks to have throughout the day, rather than eating a large meal at lunch. It's no fun doing pose breakdown with a full belly.
5) Have fun! Many of our trainees have met lifelong friends at our Mind Body Fitness Conferences. It's a great time to come together with other YogaFit Enthusiasts and YogaFit Trainers.
6) Bring a friend that is new to yoga! We offer our Level 1 training at all of our MBF's. A great chance for newbie yogis to get their first taste of training and to expand their knowledge of yoga, meditation, and mind body wellness.