100 Hour YogaFit Warriors Program
YogaFit® for Warriors will help Yoga Teachers gain a deeper understanding of exactly how trauma gets stored in the body through the central nervous system and which yoga postures, breathing methods and meditation practices are particularly effective at releasing physical and emotional trauma at the autonomic level. Additionally, trainees will understand what Post Traumatic Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury is from a physical standpoint in the body and why slower movement in a yoga class is important to activate the natural healing mechanism that can help to reset the nerve impulses and unresolved tension being held within the body and the brain. Fitness professionals will learn to develop a yoga class that helps students to free troubling emotions, persevering thoughts patterns, chronic somatic tension and hyper vigilance in military personnel, emergency responders, and others who suffer from emotional or physical trauma.
|Read more about our Warriors Program here|
|Click here for a Power Point Presentation to share with others|
|Shining Service Makeover Mission|
|Can yoga play a role in the social psychiatric treatment of PTSD?|
|Effects of Yoga on the Nervous system|
|Body Keeps the Score|
|Unraveling PTSD: 3 Factors Needed for Condition to Progress|
|Research in Integrative Medicine at the Department of Defense: Generating Quality Research to Promote Healing|
As a reminder there are 5 required courses to receive your Warriors 100 hour Certificate:
To apply for a scholarship for any of our Warriors trainings, please click here. We will award at least one scholarship for each Warriors Training.
Upcoming YogaFit for Warriors Training Schedule:
**Vicenza Italy and Ramstein trainings only - Receive $50 off each training if you register for all. Use code WARRIOR14.
NEW DISCOUNT for Military and Spouses: $50 off each Warriors Training. Please call 310-205-0430 x301 and mention the website to receive this discount. My CAA is now available for Warriors Trainings, also.
1) Warriors is now an option for the 200 hour RYT path - it can be used in place of Level 1 retrain IF you are going to pursue the Warriors program certificate
2) Warriors can be taken without Level 1 (but still recommended). However, Level 1 is still mandatory for Warriors Program certification.
3) All of the Warriors classes (80 hours) can be used towards the 500 or 800 hour therapy RYT
4) Have you completed the Warriors track of trainings? Click here for a certificate request form.
5) Click here for a VA Verification Letter. Please print and bring to your training for the Trainer to sign.
6) Click here for information regarding reimbursement from the VA for YogaFit trainings.
Please email Shaye Molendyke at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about Warriors trainings, MyCAA, or GI Bill.