$1 Million Of Yoga To Be Gifted By Yogafit® To Non-Profit Organizations In 2011
Friday, December 28, 2012
Torrance, CA… $1 million of yoga is being donated to non-profit organizations by values-based entrepreneur, Beth Shaw of YogaFit, the leader in Mind Body Fitness education. The company has trained and certified over 100,000 yoga instructors on six continents and is the largest yoga school in the world.
Throughout 2011, 2,500 gift certificates for Level One training at YogaFit’s Mind Body Fitness Conferences ($399 value) will be given to eligible non-profit groups. This training enables yoga enthusiasts to deepen their practice or begin instructor training. Most charities will use these certificates to raise money in their silent auctions.
“We are pleased that YogaFit is able to assist charities in raising funds to continue their essential efforts. The world and the people in it benefit from more people practicing yoga more frequently,” expressed Shaw.Interested non profit organizations should submit their request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This donation is in line with Shaw’s personal belief system. She’s known for her community service initiatives. As an animal rights activist, Shaw serves on the National Council for the Humane Society and is involved in Animal Alliance, Downtown Dog Rescue and sits on the board of Social Compassion in Legislature. Her nonprofit organization, Visionary Women in Fitness, awards scholarships and grants women in need. The YogaFit network has also given over one million hours of community service.
Beneficiaries to date include:
• A Community of Friends
• Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center
• Amigos de los Rios• Angelus Plaza City View Auction
• Barlow Respiratory Hospital
• Breathe California of Los Angeles
• Catholic Big Brothers Big Sisters
• Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
• Disability Rights Legal Center
• Dubnoff Center for Child Development
• Exceptional Children’s Foundation
• Free Arts for Abused Children
• Friend of WHA
• Glendale Memorial Hospital Foundation
• Helpline Youth Counseling Inc.
•Jewish World Watch
• LA City College Foundation
• Mar Vista Family Center
• Meals on Wheels West
• National Day Laborer Organizing Network
• New Horizons
• Olive Crest• OPCC
• Para Los Ninos
• Pathway LA
• Santa Monica Rotary
• SOS Mentor
• Taproot Foundation
• The Adoption Institute
• The Bill Foundation
• The Boys & Girls of the West Valley
• The Los Angeles Regional Foodbank
• The Whole Child
• Trees For Life
• Variety Boys & Girls Club
• Woodland Hills Academy
• World Vision Child Sponsorship
• Youth Mentoring Connection
Learn more about YogaFit at www.yogafit.com
YogaFit® was established in 1994 and has since trained over 100,000 yoga and fitness professionals worldwide. The leader in Mind Body Fitness Education, YogaFit is the largest training school for yoga instructors in the world. YogaFit® is ACE’s Premier and only yoga partner. Founder and president, Beth Shaw, is internationally recognized as the foremost authority on yoga and fitness; having been profiled in print and television
programs including Oprah’s O magazine, CNN, USA Today, Entrepreneur, Self and more. YogaFit® is committed to community service, supporting animals and humanitarian causes.